Saturday, March 7, 2009

Praise God! God change a little heart

Today was another day I led our children cell group in Doreen's room. I felt very happy for 2 children in the group because they wanted Jesus in their heart. This happened after the bible story time (Daniel and the Lion's Den) and I was reading and explaining to them:

The Bible story tells us about our wonderful God who made us and who wants us to know Him.

God knows we have done bad things, which He calls sin. The punishment for sin is death, but God loves us so much He sent His Son, Jesus, to die on a Cross and be punished for our sins. Then Jesus came back to life and went home to Heaven! If you believe in Jesus and ask Him to forgive your sins, He will do it! He will come and live in you now, and you will live with Him forever.

Then, I stopped for awhile. I turned to them and asked them (At that time 2 out of 5 children were looking at me). So, I pointed to 2 (a boy & a girl) of them who were listening and asked them, "Do you know you have sinned? You did something bad that you don't want to? Or you had bad thoughts, for example you were jealous & compared with your friends who did better than you?" They answered, "Yes". I continued and asked, "Do you want to ask Jesus in your heart?" They answered, "Yes" again.

So, I asked them to follow me to say this player to God:

Dear God, I believe that Jesus died for me and now lives again. Please come into my life and forgive my sins, so that I can have a new life from now on and, one day go to be with You forever. Help me to live for You as Your child. Amen.

Then, I asked all of them to sit down in a circle and pray for their friends on the left. Usually, the girl (the one that just accepted Jesus in her heart) doesn't want to join us for prayer. Today, she joined us and she told me that she doesn't know how to pray for her friend. So, I helped her. I asked her to follow after me to pray for her friend on her left. She followed. It was her first time praying! Praise God!

No comments: